Developing the Directorate General Health Services as a core agency so as to contribute in developing the health system with quality, excellence, equity and righteousness with participation of the people, communities and all stakeholders for health and wellbeing of all.
The over-arching principles would be:
- Equitable distribution of health care irrespective of age, gender, caste, creed, religion etc
- Community participation: whole of society approach with community and civil society equal partners and take responsibility for their health and well- being.
- Inter-sectoral collaboration : Whole of Government approach with advocacy and action for health in policies of all sectors beyond health .
- Health Team approach : Mutually supportive cadre of health workers appropriate to the levels of care.
- Use of appropriate medical technology including essential drugs : Accessible, affordable, feasible medical technology that is culturally acceptable to the community.
- Free Basic Health services (primary and secondary level care) is ensured for all in accordance with the public health standards evolved by DGHS.
- Advanced health services (Tertiary Care) is ensured free to those who cannot pay for the services and for others, at a cost the community can afford.
Last Updated On 14/02/2017