Nutrition & IDD Cell
The Nutrition and IDD Cell, functions in an Advisory capacity for all matters related to Nutrition in the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Nutrition & IDD Cell is implementing two National Health Programmes i.e National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Programme (NIDDCP) and National Programme for Prevention and Control of Fluorosis (NPPCF) Programme-wise responsibilities are as under:
- Implementation and monitoring of National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Programme (NIDDCP).
- Inter- sect oral co-ordination at Central level and maintenance of close liaison with the Ministry of Industry, Information and Broadcasting etc.
- Technical guidance to the States/UTs for implementation of NIDDCP.
- Imparting IDD survey training to the State Health Personnel involved in National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Programme.
- Collection, compilation and analysis of relevant data from State/UTs.
- Monitoring of the quality control of Iodine salt at production level through Salt Commissioner and at the distribution and consumer level through the State Health Directorates.
- Annual budget plans, performance budget/outcome budget, annual action plan, annual reports etc.
- To look after the IEC activities at apex level including celebration of Global IDD Prevention Day 21st October.
- Preparing status notes, brief notes etc with respect to NIDDCP for Sr. Officers.
- VIP references, RTI matters, parliament questions and miscellaneous matters related to NIDDCP.
- Submission of monthly/ quarterly reports i.e VIP pending issues, programme expenditure, NHM MIS, RTI etc.
Nutrition including NPPCF:
- Implementation and Monitoring of National Programme for Prevention and Control of Flurosis. (NPPCF)
- Technical matters (Nutrition Policy, National Plan of Action, ICDS, other nutrition Programmes, Fluorosis, Fortification etc.) received from various departments/ministries for comments.
- Project proposal/reports/publication received from various sources.
- IEC Activities and development of IEC material for Nutrition and Fluorosis.
- Preparation of Guideline related to Nutrition & NPPCF.
- Annual reports/Performance Budget/Outcome Budget
- Parliament Questions, RTI matters & VIP references
- Preparing status notes, brief notes etc, on nutrition & its related issues for HFM, Secretary (H), DGHS.
- Miscellaneous matters.
Last Updated On 19/01/2017